Carpet stains need rapid attention to prevent permanent irreversible damage. Wine, chocolate, ink and paint are common stains that we can help you to remove using our experience, specialist techniques and chemicals.
Stop before you are tempted to spray 1001 stain removal on the stains as these chemicals can often do more damage than good. If the stain is NOT oil based, you should blot the stain with paper towels and use a small amount of water, repeating the blotting process with new paper towels. Make sure you call us to help you remove the remains of the staining.
Whether you are a home or business customer, please contact us today about our specialist spot stain removal cleaning services, here to help you maintain and extend the life of your valuable carpets and upholstery.
There are many tips and tricks you can use to deal with carpet stains when they occur, but some stains require professional attention in order to avoid irreversible damage. Sometimes stains might seem impossible to remove, but many people are surprised by the results that can be achieved by a professional service like the one we provide at Carpet and Floor Care.
Using our experience, specialist cleaning techniques and chemicals, we can remove many common stains such as wine, chocolate, ink, paint, and many, many more. It might be tempting to try to remove stains yourself in an attempt to save money, but if you don’t have the skill, experience and tools you’ll probably end up doing more harm than good. If you have to replace your carpets because you’ve damaged them further you’ll regret not calling in the professionals first!
Our highly trained staff have a wealth of experience when it comes to spot stain removal on carpets. We have a variety of different chemicals that work for different stains, and when we arrive we’ll assess which ones we need and get straight to work. We have achieved fantastic results for many customers across Lancashire, Cumbria and North Yorkshire, so if you were thinking about replacing your carpets because of unsightly stains, get in touch with us first and see how we can help!
With a free, no obligation quote available from our knowledgeable staff, there’s no reason not to give us a call or contact us through our website if you require a stain removal service in Lancashire, Cumbria or North Yorkshire. Our family run business has been refining its specialist cleaning services and expanding its specialist cleaning equipment for over ten years, so we have all the experience of the industry required to deliver an outstanding service.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will be amazed at the results of our service, as we use the best equipment and extensive training to deliver an outstanding cleaning service every time. Although we are highly trained in spot stain removal, there can be stains that are permanent, and we will do our best to identify these and warn you before hand. But in general, most of our customers are impressed by the effectiveness of our cleaning.
This depends on lots of factors such as the density of the carpets being cleaned, the ambient temperature and air humidity, and air flow throughout the premises.
We will recommend several ways to speed up the final drying stage, but with the heating on and some windows open, most of our customer’s carpets are usually dry within 30 minutes. If for any reason we anticipate the drying process to take slightly linger (in unheated or unventilated rooms) we will speed up the drying process with high powered fans and air movers.
This depends on lots of factors such as the density of the upholstery fibres being cleaned, the ambient temperature and air humidity, and air flow throughout the premises. Unlike many companies using underpowered equipment, our vacuum machine has the suction to get your upholstery almost dry after cleaning. We will recommend several ways to speed up the final drying stage, but with the heating on and some windows open, most of our customer’s upholstery are usually dry within an hour of us leaving. If for any reason we anticipate the drying process to take slightly linger (in unheated or unventilated rooms) we will speed up the drying process with high powered fans and air movers.
Lots of natural materials such as ceramic, granite, terrazzo, slate, porcelain tile, concrete and bathtubs have natural voids in them. The larger the void, the more the surface of that material is slip resistant. This void makes a tread for you to walk on. Ceramic or glazed tile, as well as porcelain, are often coated to create a shiny finished look to a floor. These coatings fill in the natural void up to 70%. When the surface is wet, the water fills in the remaining 30% of the void and that is why a floor becomes slippery not allowing any space between the water and the bottom of your foot creating a hydroplane effect.
Slip & Fall Facts
- Slip and fall accidents account for 20,000+ fatalities per year in North America at a rate of 55 people daily.
- Slip and fall accidents are the 2nd leading cause of accidental death & disability after auto accidents.
- Over 540,000 Slip and Fall injuries, requiring hospital care, occur in North America each year.
- Slip and fall accidents account for over 300,000 disabling injuries per year in North America.
- One in three serious bone breaks for seniors result in death within one year of the accident.
- Slip and fall accidents kill more workers than all other combined forms of workplace accidents in North America.
- Slip and fall accidents are the number 1 cause of accidents in Hotels, Restaurants and Public Buildings with 70% occurring on flat and level surfaces.
- Slip and fall accidents are resulting in Worker’s Compensation claims of over $1.8 billion per year.
- Worker’s Compensation & Liability Insurance Rates are increasing at a rate of on average of 20% – 30% per year.
- The total expenses resulting from Slip and fall injuries alone is a $30 million plus per day problem.
- Why is there a critical need for the anti slip treatment of floors in public areas?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over one million people in American suffer a slip, trip, and fall injury with a frightening 17, 000 deaths in the U.S. annually because of these injuries. 15 percent of all job related injuries are slip, trip and fall, which accounts for between 12 and 15 percent of all Workers’ Compensation expenses.
- Loss of Life: The fatality rate related to slip and fall accidents is second only to transportation fatalities in the top ten categories of accidental deaths.
- Liability Mitigation: Business owners and operators can mitigate liability by acting prudently in the standard of care maintained for their facilities. Documentation of due diligence and slip resistance testing will enhance standing in any legal issues.
- Insurance Costs: Your insurance premium may be reduced once our anti-slip service has been carried out.
- Surface Volume: Potentially hazardous, tile floors are everywhere across multiple industries due to aesthetic appeal, easy maintenance and durability.
- Common Sense: We should all endeavour to keep our homes and businesses as safe as possible.
- Commercial Applications of our anti-slip treatment service
- Meets OSHA/ADA recommendation
- For use on dirty tiled areas, greasy concrete and any natural stone paved areas
- The floor in McDonald’s Restaurants undergoes a similar slip resistant treatment regularly and has done for nearly 15 years
- Used by holiday resorts, cruise line companies and theme parks
- We can advise you on the aftercare of the floor once we have treated it so it maintains the integrity of the tile or slippery surface
Large corporations like McDonald’s have been using this type of anti slip solution for over a decade, but it is arguably even more important for small businesses to protect themselves against litigation and court proceedings caused by an employee or client becoming injured on their premises. Even if you don’t own a business, our anti slip service can protect you and your family. We’ve all experienced slippery tiles in the bath or shower, and they can present a real danger when you’re climbing in and out these areas, regardless of your age. With our anti slip service, you no longer have to worry about slips and falls in the bathroom that could potentially result in serious injuries, and you don’t have to change the appearance of these hard surfaces at all.
Our treatment leaves an invisible “tread-like” pattern on ceramic tile and other mineral based materials, including quarry tile, marble, slate, stone and concrete. The treatment works to increase the slip coefficient (slip resistance) of the surface to which it is applied. The minimum standard of OSHA and ADA are .5 or better. We increase the slip coefficient to levels of .6 or better.
Underwriters Laboratory & American Society of Testing and Materials Coefficient Standards*
- .60 or above Very Safe
- .50 to .59 Relatively Safe
- .40 to .49 Dangerous
- .35 – .39 Very Dangerous
Ceramic Tile Institute Coefficient Standards**
- .60 or Above Slip Resistant
- .50 to .59 Conditionally Slip Resistant
- Less than .50 Questionable
This floor treatment has no harmful effects on tile or grout and provides excellent slip resistant safe footing on wet floor surfaces that far exceed floor safety standards mandated by OSHA and The American Disability Act.
- Minimum disturbance
- this is not a coating so nothing to ‘Wears-Off’
- Creates a tread/grip like sure Footing
- Safe for the environment, Non-Toxic and Odorless
- Does Not Alter Appearance of Tile or Grout
Generally all spills should be cleaned up as soon as possible to keep Marble flooring in the best condition. Marble is an alkali rock, which means it is particularly vulnerable to acidic spillages such as fruit juices and ketchup. If left untreated, these spills can discolour and damage the floor.
Any floor which has been taken to a shiny, reflective finish, will eventually lose some of that shine from regular wear and tear. Generally the culprit is microscopic dust and dirt which has been trodden into the floor underfoot. This is quite normal and is a sign that the floor would benefit from a polish and possibly a coat of sealer.
The equipment we use to polish Marble flooring makes a small amount of noise but is generally not disruptive to the surrounding area. If you would prefer us to carry out our work at a specific time so as to minimise any possible disruption to your business do let us know and we will do everything we can to accommodate you.
This depends on a number of things including the amount of use that the floor gets and the material that the tiles are made from. Most tiled floors require professional cleaning at least once a year and it’s not unusual for floors in busy areas to require treatment several times a year. If in doubt, speak to our team.
Contact us for a quote
Get in touch today to find out how we can help with your cleaning requirements.