At Carpet and Floor Care we offer a range of specialist cleaning and sealant services, and we have been providing specialist tiled floor care services to a wide range of commercial clients within the private, commercial and public sector for many years.
From a small one office to a 25 storey office building, we have the experience and know-how to fulfil your cleaning requirements.There’s no substitute for a professional touch, but in this blog we’re going to outline some of the simple techniques you can use to look after your natural stone floor to make sure it keeps its lustre for longer.
Our top 5 floorcare tips
- Where necessary we seal floors so that they are better protected against foot traffic, scratches from furniture and staining.
- Dirt and dust are abrasive, and if left on the floor this debris can cause the surface of your hard flooring to become worn underfoot. To clean sealed stone, vacuum it thoroughly, then mop with a mild detergent solution.
- To remove grease or oil, use a proprietary spot-treatment stain remover. Never use abrasive cleaners like liquid soft scrub type cleaners. They can have the same effect as dirt and dust does over time, scratching and dulling the surface of the stone.
- All you really need for general maintenance is a vacuum cleaner, a wet mop and a simple detergent. You should always blot up stains immediately, and resist the temptation to use any strong cleaning products on them because this normally does more damage than good.
- Stone floors should be sealed between once every six months to once a year.
If you have any questions about our hard floor cleaning and sealing services, please get in touch and our dedicated team will be happy to help! General maintenance can only do so much when it comes to protecting the investment you’ve made in your stone floors, so call Mark on 01524 271 348 or 07989 402 333 for some free, no-obligation advice today.