What are the slip and fall injury statistics?
Slip & Fall Facts
- Slip and fall accidents account for 20,000+ fatalities per year in North America at a rate of 55 people daily.
- Slip and fall accidents are the 2nd leading cause of accidental death & disability after auto accidents.
- Over 540,000 Slip and Fall injuries, requiring hospital care, occur in North America each year.
- Slip and fall accidents account for over 300,000 disabling injuries per year in North America.
- One in three serious bone breaks for seniors result in death within one year of the accident.
- Slip and fall accidents kill more workers than all other combined forms of workplace accidents in North America.
- Slip and fall accidents are the number 1 cause of accidents in Hotels, Restaurants and Public Buildings with 70% occurring on flat and level surfaces.
- Slip and fall accidents are resulting in Worker’s Compensation claims of over $1.8 billion per year.
- Worker’s Compensation & Liability Insurance Rates are increasing at a rate of on average of 20% – 30% per year.
- The total expenses resulting from Slip and fall injuries alone is a $30 million plus per day problem.
- Why is there a critical need for the anti slip treatment of floors in public areas?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over one million people in American suffer a slip, trip, and fall injury with a frightening 17, 000 deaths in the U.S. annually because of these injuries. 15 percent of all job related injuries are slip, trip and fall, which accounts for between 12 and 15 percent of all Workers’ Compensation expenses.
- Loss of Life: The fatality rate related to slip and fall accidents is second only to transportation fatalities in the top ten categories of accidental deaths.
- Liability Mitigation: Business owners and operators can mitigate liability by acting prudently in the standard of care maintained for their facilities. Documentation of due diligence and slip resistance testing will enhance standing in any legal issues.
- Insurance Costs: Your insurance premium may be reduced once our anti-slip service has been carried out.
- Surface Volume: Potentially hazardous, tile floors are everywhere across multiple industries due to aesthetic appeal, easy maintenance and durability.
- Common Sense: We should all endeavour to keep our homes and businesses as safe as possible.
- Commercial Applications of our anti-slip treatment service
- Meets OSHA/ADA recommendation
- For use on dirty tiled areas, greasy concrete and any natural stone paved areas
- The floor in McDonald’s Restaurants undergoes a similar slip resistant treatment regularly and has done for nearly 15 years
- Used by holiday resorts, cruise line companies and theme parks
- We can advise you on the aftercare of the floor once we have treated it so it maintains the integrity of the tile or slippery surface